The BLBCA is very excited to be participating at this year’s MEC Snowfest in Vancouver on Nov. 18th, from 10-3pm. Executive Director, Brad Harrison will be presenting an Avalanche Awareness 101 clinic from 12-12:45pm in Clinic Tent #1.
Harrison, a Canadian Avalanche Association Professional Member, regularly delivers AST, MAT & CRS courses for Avalanche Canada.
- Get an intro on avalanche awareness and safety basics
- Learn how to recognize avalanche terrain and avoid hazards
- Test essential survival equipment used in companion rescue
- Get hints on prepping for a backcountry trip
- Saturday, Nov. 18th, 2017
- Snowfest: 10am – 3pm, free event
- MEC Vancouver – 130 West Broadway
What is MEC Snowfest:
- It’s a way to welcome winter and help people get excited about snow. There are MEC Snowfest events across Canada and each one features activities that are popular in that region—everything from winter running to ice climbing. Snowfest brings together experts and beginners, families and individuals, and all those curious about where and how to fun in winter
MEC Snowfest Facts & Features:
- In Vancouver, festival attendance averages 3,500-4,500 members
- Snow Swap has been a fixture in Vancouver for 30+ years
- Dozens of brands & community groups are represented in-store at Snowfest each year
The BLBCA and our 30 member-lodges are active in our local communities, attending industry events, devoting time to notable advocacy work in the community, and participating in local government planning and strategy sessions.
More from the BLBCA: