Enter for your chance to win the Backcountry Lodges of British Columbia Association’s #myBCbackcountry Through Your Lens photo contest!
We’ve teamed up with BLBCA member lodges, Mistaya, Nuk Tessli and Ice Creek to give away over $3,500 in prizes!
Submit a photo from one of the three contest categories and/or a 100-word story sharing how you recreate responsibly in the backcountry for your chance to win one of three mountain lodge getaways.
The three photo categories are:
1. Mountain Landscapes
(stunning scenery that shows off the environment)
2. Winter/Summer Adventures
(action shots of recreating in the great outdoors)
3. People in Nature
(people interacting with nature and habitat responsibly)
Share with us your captures or memories of beautiful mountain sunrises, backcountry skiing in deep, untracked powder, hiking in a valley of wildflowers – or how you recreate responsibly in the backcountry!
Our contest ends on April 19th, 2021 at 23:59 (PDT)
Three-night stay at Mistaya Lodge (including roundtrip helicopter flights from Golden, BC.) in a private or private double room, full catering and professionally guided hikes each day. Valued at $1,700.00. Located in the heart of the Canadian Rockies of BC between Banff and Yoho National Parks, Mistaya Lodge is perfectly situated for alpine adventure. From the front door of the lodge, wildflower glades lead gently upward to broad alpine meadows nourished by melt-water from several surrounding glaciers. Our guests enjoy alpine hiking, exploring the flora and fauna, peace and quiet, as well as wilderness photography and artistry. Mistaya Lodge will offer you many days of rewarding mountain exploration. Packages include beautiful helicopter flights through the mountains to and from the lodge, private double rooms, full catering by our in-house chef, and professionally guided hikes each day.
Three-night stay at Nuk Tessli Lodge in a private cabin with full catering and use of canoes and kayaks. Self-guided. Please note: Float plane flights to Nuk Tessli are not included in prizing.
Valued at $1,380.00. Nuk Tessli is a fly in (float plane) hiking cabin center located in the backcountry wilderness of British Columbia, Canada. It’s located at 1,500m on the shore of the beautiful Whitton Lake, at the edge of Tweedsmuir Park and the Coastal Mountains. It’s surrounded by big mountains and many pristine lakes, therefore offering some of the best BC hiking and canoeing experiences.
Nuk Tessli offers a large variety of marked hiking trails in BC’s true wilderness. Anything from short 2-hour hikes to long 25 km hiking days are possible and the best part of it is, you will not meet anyone else on the trail. It’s just you and nature. You can go hiking on your own or use our kind and experienced guides to get the best vacation experience possible.
Two-night stay at Ice Creek Lodge in a private room with use of paddleboard. Self-catered and self-powered.
Valued at $500.00. Hike into our Kootenay Backcountry Mountain Lodge with your best friend and enjoy the pristine vistas and alpine lakes. Our 8km trail with 2,700-foot elevation gain takes you through old growth cedar forests and follows the banks of Ice Creek with plenty of gorgeous places to rest along the way.
The right amount of chic, the right amount of rustic.
How to Enter
Simply enter your photo or written submission through the appropriate Submit button on this page.
- Photos or written content submitted to the contest may be used in Backcountry Lodges of British Columbia Association’s digital marketing campaigns.
- You will be credited if we select your photo or written content to share on our website and/or social media channels.
- You will maintain full rights to license your photos or written content and they remain your own.
- Prizes will be collected when statutory decision makers have removed all travel restrictions.
- By submitting to this BLBCA photo contest, you are agreeing to the contest terms and conditions.
* Entrant must be 19 years or older.
* Entrant must be a resident of Canada (excluding Quebec)
* Photo submissions of groups or of individuals not socially distanced will not be accepted for judging.
* Entrant must have full copyright rights to all photos or written content submitted.
* Entrant must agree to have their photos or written content published by the Backcountry Lodges of British Columbia Association.
* By entering this contest, you are agreeing to the Official Rules.
We are thrilled to have BC-native photographer, Jamie Out, as the judge of our #myBCbackcountry, Through Your Lens photo contest.
Jamie is a travel and adventure freelance photographer from Vancouver, BC.
Often found exploring the rugged coastlines of the West Coast or the Rocky Mountains of Canada, Jamie’s primary aesthetic is focused on telling stories and capturing the spirit of the adventure in such landscapes.
www.jamieout.com / IG @jamieout