Want to support the BLBCA and it’s initiatives in the backcountry?
Affiliate Membership is the perfect way for any individual(s) to support the goals and objectives of the BLBCA as outlined under Membership Criteria below.
Have questions? Discuss membership further with a member of our Board of Directors, contact us today!
Benefits of Membership
The following are some of the main benefits of joining the Association:
Provides a unified voice that can Provides a unified voice that can deliver concerns, requests and suggestions to the government of BC. We are aligned with a number of other like-minded, adventure tourism sectors.
Commercial General Liability insurance for all full members in good standing. The possibility of Association wide property insurance is being explored.
Joint marketing and advertising. We have worked with Destination BC and its predecessors for over 10 years and have access of up to $250,000.00 annually in joint marketing funds. We are entering year 6 of that program.
Sense of Community
A sense of community with people in the same industry. That sense has seen substantial growth in the last 6 years. Sharing of ideas and support amongst association members.
Strength in Numbers
A unified body, strength in numbers. (In 2007, we completed an independent socio-economic survey that allowed us to quantify exactly who we are and how important this sector is to the rural BC tourism industry). A second survey is just about to be launched.
To be considered for membership in the BLBCA, applicants are asked to meet the following criteria:
Support the goals and objectives of the BLBCA
Those include but are not limited to:
- Support the goals and objectives of the BLBCA. Those include but are not limited to:
- Respect for the backcountry/alpine/wilderness that the BLBCA members operate in.
- Adherence to land zoning as set out by the governments responsible.
- Adherence to BC’s Wildlife Guidelines for Backcountry Tourism/Commercial Recreation in British Columbia.
- Support of the BLBCA’s marketing initiatives, where applicable.
- Where applicable, adherence to the employment standards as set out by the appropriate decision maker, typically government.
BLBCA Membership Categories & Criteria
CLASSES OF MEMBERSHIP
Interested in membership? Click below to sign-up now!
“When a guest stays in one of our members in BC’s backcountry, they will be immersed in the wild natural cosiness of lodge life.”